2018 SOCCER CAMP
Camp Dates: July 30 - August 3
Soccer Camp is a combination of Vacation Bible School and Children’s Sports Camp for children ages 5 to 12. Children are divided into age appropriate teams and rotate through the following stations each night: warm up exercises, soccer drills, crafts, refreshments, music, Bible lesson, and coach’s time. We conclude each night with a soccer game. The theme for this year’s Bible lesson is, “Ruth: More than a Love Story.”
You are encouraged to stay each night and watch your child participate in camp. If you are unable to stay the whole night, we strongly encourage you to come for the last 30 to 45 minutes to watch your child participate in the nightly soccer games.
We will be doing a Family Night on Friday evening. Please plan on attending the whole evening.
The cost of camp is $5.00 per child. If you register before July 22nd, your child will receive a free camp T-shirt during the week of camp.
There are two ways to register for soccer camp:
(1) You may register online. Click here to do so. Online registration opens June 1st. Please call Pastor Tim at 616-745-9593 for help with online registration.
(2) You can register in person at the church on the following dates:
• Thursday, July 12th from 4:00 to 6:00 pm.
• Saturday, July 21st from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
The Week of Camp
Please arrive at 6:15 pm on the first night so we can get all the kids to their team and ready to start by 6:30 pm.
What to bring:
· Shin guards (mandatory-can be found at Wal-Mart, Meijer, etc.)
· Bug spray (if you feel is needed)
· Water bottle (with child’s name on it)
· You may bring your own ball (with your name on it); you are responsible for your ball
· Any medications needed while at soccer camp (inhalers, epipens, allergy meds etc.) see medical release form for details.
· Hat (if needed for shade)
· Sun Screen (if you feel is needed)
We encourage the kids to invite visitors and new campers all week. If you are planning on bringing a friend to soccer camp, and they did not register ahead of time, the cost of camp is $1.00 per day. We would like you to take the registration papers home with you and have the new camper’s parent/guardian fill them out prior to coming to camp. We also ask, if possible, that you arrive about 20 minutes early to camp in order to get all their paper work completed.
Remember, if they register before July 22nd, they will receive a free t-shirt during the week of camp. We do take T-shirt orders after July 22nd, but the cost per T-shirt is $5.00. It may take 2-3 days to get it ordered, made, and brought to camp.
We are looking forward to an exciting and fun-filled week! If you have any questions, please call Nevins Lake Church at 989-831-4042 and leave a message with your phone number.
Click here to watch our 2017 Soccer Camp video
Click here to see pictures from 2017 Soccer Camp